Unfortunately, auto accidents are an all too often frequent occurrence in Los Angeles. Statistically, more than one in four drivers in Southern California will be involved in a car accident within a five year period. Car accidents are the number one cause of death for people ages 30 years and younger.
NTSB Auto Accident Statistics
- There are over 6 million car accidents each year in the United States.
- 3 million people are injured every year in car accidents, many of those permanently.
- Around 35,000 people lost their lives in car accidents in 2012, an increase of 5% over the previous year after years of declining fatalities.
- 40% of all deaths caused by car accidents involve alcohol.
- 30% of car accident fatalities are caused by speeding.
- Over 30% of auto accident deaths are caused by reckless driving.
- Distracted driving is leading cause of auto accidents.
Accidents typically occur when a driver doesn’t follow accepted driving procedures and fails to obey traffic laws, either through inattention, cellular phone use, texting, driving under the influence of alcohol or other mind altering substances, poor weather, road conditions or various other factors. A split second of driver inattention can lead to devastating results.
The trauma of being involved in an accident often goes far beyond the incident itself. Often, there are very real losses that occur to people: injury and death, property damage, lost wages, medical bills, long-term care costs, physical rehabilitation… the costs can pile up and cause real emotional and mental distress for those involved.
You Need the Right Attorney to Represent Your Auto Accident Claim. You Need Hakimfar Law.
If you’ve been involved in an auto accident, the attorneys at Hakimfar Law understand that you may be distressed as to what your legal rights are and what your next steps should be. You may be advised by an insurance adjuster that you have only certain choices on what can be claimed in an accident. The caring attorneys at Hakimfar Law will look after your legal rights. We can help you with all types of transportation accident cases.
For a free consultation to explore your legal options, submit your case online or call Hakimfar Law toll free at 800-276-6666 today.
Use the form below to contact us regarding your legal enquiry. Please be as detailed as possible. Include your industry along with any specific document requests. To help us best service your enquiry, we recommend that you first describe the issue you’re having before telling us what you want to achieve. You may also email or call us to make an appointment.